Tuesday 16 September 2014

CherryActive supporting the 2016 run

There were many factors which led to the successful outcome of my journey across the USA and Australia. One of them was a recovery drink originally recommended to me by Northumbria University in 2011. As I was training in extreme temperatures on a treadmill in the Uni's environmental chamber it was a chance conversation that led me to learn about the product. I soon made contact with the product manufacturer and the rest, as they say, is history.

The product in question is CherryActive and it gives me immense pleasure to announce that they will be supporting the campaign for my 2016 run.

The following sums up my experience and knowledge of CherryActive:
  • 30ml of CherryActive diluted in water (just like cordial) taken after exercise will minimise or, in the majority of cases, completely eradicate the muscular soreness that would be expected to follow during the following days.
  • CherryActive is made purely from Montmorency Cherries. There is nothing else added. 
  • 30ml of CherryActive will assist in getting a better night's sleep.
  • It's a versatile product and can be used in smoothies and many other recipes.
  • It comes in various forms; Bottles that, once opened, must be kept refrigerated for subsequent use. A handy 30ml shot sachet which doesn't need to be kept in a fridge. For those that don't like the taste of cherries, it's available in capsule form. Finally, you can use the dried Montmerency cherries as a snack or use in many recipes.
  • In 2005 John Carey founded CherryActive after discovering that Montmorency cherries were a natural remedy for his gout pain.
The following video was recorded just before the run across Australia and expands on the above points:


As you may be able to tell, I'm a huge fan of CherryActive. I make no apologies for sounding like a salesman on commission (which I am not by the way). The product works amazingly well and almost everyone I know has tried it, is still using it and swears by it. I even know some people who use it as a hangover cure! They shall remain nameless!

Founder of CherryActive, John Carey had the following to say this afternoon:

"CherryActive are happy to continue our support of Mark Allison, AKA Run Geordie Run, for his next grueling challenge. Here at CherryActive, we are not only blown away at Mark's achievements to date, but share his dedication and total commitment in doing something you believe in, whilst raising awareness and much-needed cash to a cause you hold so dear. 

Well done Mark, proud to work with you. 
John Carey and the CherryActive Team"

I'd like to say a huge thank you to John and the kind folks at CherryActive for their continued support.

If you would like to try CherryActive then I've arranged a 10% discount code for use on their website. The code is "RGR1" and can be used at the checkout at www.cherryactive.co.uk.