Wednesday 26 September 2012

Thanks from Anne Oliver

I received a nice email from Anne Oliver (pictured below) the retired fundraising co-ordinator at St Benedict's Hospice this week. 


"Hi Mark, 

I heard that you were no longer raising funds for the hospice and I just wanted to thank you for all that you have done during the last 18 years. Your committment over the years is to be admired and you certainly raised the profile of St Benedict's and have been exceptional not only for the hospice but also in your personal achievements. 

I have many happy memories of those early years and still have some of the photographs. I am still fundraising, but voluntary, and as I have fundraised all my life (for my church, the Girl Guides, Macmillan and the hospice) I don't intend stopping now. At the moment I am a Trustee for the Bubble Foundation which is at the Newcastle Children's Hospital. 

It would be nice to hear from you occasionally as I am still interested in your progress but for me you are still that young lad with the quiet voice who came to the Washington shop for a tee shirt. Happy days. 

Regards
Anne Oliver"