- "Heard you on Total Sport on BBC Newcastle, Top Man. I'll stand you a pint when you get back!" - Keith Allan
- "Well done - I heard you on Real radio this morning and I think you are doing a fantastic job!" - Joanne Cummings
- "Absolutely fantastic. Really enjoy your blog too, keep it up." - Chris Farrell
- "Hi Mark, I think it's amazing what you are doing. I have donated £20 in memory of my Dad who died a year ago today. Good Luck with the rest of the run." - Derek Law
- "Keep on Running, Mark - you are an absolute legend and love reading your blog." - Mark Towell
I was exactly 50 miles behind schedule. This particular stat always played on my mind. It was very easy to lose mileage but almost impossible to make it back up again. You'll see over the remaining "USA Revisited" series of blog posts just how bad the mileage deficit got and the almost catastrophic effect that it had on, not only the run, but my own well being too.