Thursday 11 August 2011

I'm coming home Newcastle

Well, it's that time. It's time to return to Newcastle and be reunited with my family once again. It's been one heck of a tough tour. I'm so pleased that it had the ending that it did. I couldn't have written a better finish to the journey if I tried.

I land in Newcastle with British Airways at 11:05 on Friday. I hear that the BBC, ITV, Real Radio, Metro Radio, The Journal and The Northern Echo will be present. I find that very surreal. I also hear that many of my friends, colleagues and well wishers will also be there. I can't wait to see Katy and Jack. I've dreamt and thought about that moment for many miles across the USA. 

Thanks to everybody who has made a donation. I will get round to thanking you all over the coming weeks where an email address has been left on justgiving.com. The charity fund has almost reached 78,000 pounds. There are still funds to be raised right up until the charity ball in September. If you would like to sponsor my run across the USA then donations can be made in a number of ways. www.justgiving.com have introduced a brilliant new free donation method. Did you know that you can now donate to the 2 charities using your mobile phone?

To donate an amount to St Benedict's Hospice, please text your desired amount and the following code RNGR98 to 70070:


To donate an amount to The Children's Foundation, please text your desired amount and the following code RNGR99 to 70070:



Donations can also be made direct to St Benedict's Hospice and The Children's Foundation using the following links to justgiving.com.

(St Benedict's Hospice)

(The Children's Foundation)

Finally, a donation can be made via cheque payable to 'The Children's Foundation' or 'St Benedict's Hospice' and sent to the following addresses:

FAO Libby Nolan
The Children's Foundation,
PO Box 2YB,
Sir James Spence Institute,
Victoria Wing,
Royal Victoria Infirmary,
Queen Victoria Road,
Newcastle upon Tyne.
NE99 2YB.

FAO Sylvia Stoneham
St Benedict's Hospice.
Monkwearmouth Hospital,
Newcastle Road,
Sunderland,
SR5 1NB.