Sunday 8 May 2011

Day 7 - Mojave Madness!

I'm now well into the Mojave Desert and it's every bit as hot as I thought it would be. It's 33 Degrees Celcius (That's 91 Degrees Farenheit). It certainly feels warmer than any other day as there is absolutely no breeze and the heat is bouncing up off the road.


Even the Support Team, Driver Richard and Publisher Stu have been complaining about how much they are lacking in energy. Poor things!

Running in this heat means that I constantly have to drink fluids. It's quite a chore taking on so much water but I've got no choice. I'm going through about 1.5 litres of water per hour with a Nuun tablet added.

Still keeping me company are the many train convoys that slowly make their way along through the desert. I've also started to notice a few new types of critters and insects.


I'll be starting the final session of the day soon and will be finishing in the dark. The temperature will drop slightly then thankfully. It is also predicted that there will be a significant reduction in temperature over the next few days. I hope that's true as I'll be in the Mojave Desert for the next 4 days.


And finally, thank to everyone who has sent me an email or message on Twitter or Facebook. I read them all when I'm on a break and it's good to know that there are so many of you out there that are following the journey.