Saturday 7 May 2011

Day 6 - Complete

I put in a tremendous shift today and managed to run 33.3 miles in the now oh so familiar scorching conditions. Today's surplus miles mean that I've clawed back 2.4 miles of the 8 mile deficit. Things are looking very healthy indeed after 6 extremely tough days of running with a total of 180.4 miles in the bag.


It looks like I've lost weight this week. No surprise there. I only have 4 chins left instead of the usual 5! My kit is also fitting a lot better too as my legs are getting leaner. I'm eating very well now after difficulties in the first few days. My core diet is Porridge and Pasta with a few energy bars and gels thrown in. I don't have an energy sponsor so I'm using the supplies sparingly.


Driver Richard was quite the chef tonight making his finest dish to date; Seasoned Sweet Potato Mash with Chilli Chicken and Chorizo Sausage. It tasted fantastic! He then played a blinder, pulling out an apple turnover for pudding. A dream supper if ever there was one.


Thanks so much to everyone who made a donation today. I will get round to thanking you all individually when I get back to the UK in August. The current charity total is £31,157.17. I never tire of saying just how amazed I am at people's generosity.

If you have a couple of quid to spare then please consider sponsoring my run across the USA using one of the secure links to justgiving.com. Many thanks.

(St Benedict's Hospice)

(The Children's Foundation)