Sunday 29 May 2011

Day 28 - An early finish

I set off from Huntington, Utah this morning just before 9 am. I had very little energy in the tank. This was due to me refusing to eat another morsel of pasta yesterday. As good as Chef Stephen's past is, I've had 27 days of pasta now and I'm a little bit sick of it. Or at least I was! I've learned my lesson now.


I only managed 10.5 miles before deciding to call it a day. In energy terms, I felt that I was past the point of no return. The plan was to spend the rest of the day carbing up. Confidence and morale was as high as ever though and I was quite happy to have a reduced mileage day after so many days of running the big distances.

At the finish point for the day, in a strange twist of fate, the Support Team and I were invited to a bonfire with some local residents. I believe there is also a chance to shoot some guns too. Yeehaawww!