Thursday 24 February 2011

A good face for radio...fortunately!

The Run Geordie Run PR wagon continued to roll on and on today with Metro Radio airing an interview I did last Friday during the morning news bulletins. You can listen to it here.

This evening I was live on North Manchester FM's late evening show presented by two lovely people; Julie Burnell and Charlie Walduck. I absolutely love doing live interviews so this was a real treat. More importantly, it was also a very good opportunity to spread the word about the run and the 2 charities further afield. Julie and Charlie will be keeping tabs on my progress across the USA and it's great to have their support.

Next week promises to be equally as busy on the radio front. On Tuesday morning I will be live on the Gary and Lisa Breakfast Show. That's them pictured with a Run Geordie Run t-shirt in front of the legendary 08:15 vending machine.

On Tuesday evening I will be giving Simon Pryde, John Anderson and Marco Gabbiadini an update on my progress on BBC Newcastle's Total Sport show. I hope to be a studio guest on this show before I set off on the run.

This radio coverage together with numerous up and coming newspaper, magazine and website appearances should really help to spread the word of the run across the USA to plenty of people. Finally, with local BBC Look North on board (and the possibility of national BBC coverage as result) it's safe to say that publicity for the run is pretty much where it should be.

It's at this point, I'd like to thank all of the presenters, producers and journalists involved. Helping to publicise not only the run but also the good work done by St Benedict's Hospice and The Children's Foundation is such an important part of making the run across the USA a success.