Monday 17 January 2011

Lon-Done

I had a nice little jog around London today while taking in some of the sights.  Ben Shephard helped to drum up some interest with the following oist on Twitter "My mate Mark aka @rungeordierun is doing some training in london today. Route here http://twitpic.com/3qp37k give him a wave if you see him".

I started near the BT Tower and ran down Oxford street before hitting the Thames near the Embankment. There were quite a lot of joggers out at lunchtime and the vast majority of them looked in very good nick indeed.

Once I got to London Bridge I bobbed and weaved my way back over several bridges finishing up at Westminster. From there it was onto Buckingham Palace where I followed the final mile of the London Marathon Route. Piccadilly Circus and Regent Street were particularly busy after that.

With so much pleasant scenery to take in the miles simply flew by. I was very pleased with the 12.1 miles done in total.