Tuesday 3 August 2010

Sponsorship Landmark

It's been 2 weeks since the charity fund burst through the £12,000 barrier. This week, much to my astonishment, the fund for St Benedict's Hospice and The Children's Foundation has burst through the £13,000 barrier and currently sits at £13,038. For my US followers that's 20,800USD. It's a very impressive figure in Japanese Yen with a grand total of 1,785,973JPY.

Whichever currency you convert to, thanks to the generosity of so many kind folk, I have now reached over 1/4 of the fundraising target. I've said it on countless occasions but that remarkable generosity is something I never take for granted, by the way.

There are 40 weeks left until the run across the USA starts. I really do wonder what the final total will be by the time I reach New York in August 2011.

Just to give you an idea of where the money goes, this video should explain a little bit more about one of the two charities I raise funds for. Watch out for yours truly near the start!