Friday 7 May 2010

A busy week

As I write this, I'm 3 days into the plan to run 19 miles per day for 7 days. The week has been very successful with 57 miles done so far. Today's 19 mile run was very enjoyable and possibly the best running I've done all year. Yes, I've ran quicker and much further but it was the recovery that I've made following yesterday's runs that pleases me most. GPS details of the route can be found here.

As a result of the time taken to run (and work and family time), I haven't had a great deal of time to update my blog. 

Rest assured that next week will see some major updates with more of the USA 2011 route revealed as well as some very exciting announcements and a review of this week's 133 miles of running. Also, there'll be another major delivery of Run Geordie Run t-shirts with a visit to the Post Office on The Great North Road in Gosforth scheduled.

There is so much going on behind the scenes with help from a growing number of trusty folk. The hard work is beginning to pay off with the amount raised in the first 4 months of 2010 surpassing the amount raised in the whole of 2009. The current total, by the way, is £10,203.20 (15,197.10 USD).

Thanks to everyone who has taken time to send a message of encouragement this week. It really does make a difference to my everyday level of determination which in turn shows in my running. If you'd like to give me your thoughts on how I'm doing or send a message of encouragement, I can be contacted at sponsorship@rungeordierun.com.

For those of you on Twitter my ID is @rungeordierun and can be reached here.