Sunday 3 January 2010

Another landmark!


There have been a few landmarks reached recently. The fund has exceeded £5,500 for St Benedict's Hospice and The Children's Foundation and currently stands at £5,734. Thanks again to everyone who has contributed so far to the 2 charities. Where an email address has been left on the justgiving.com websites I have sent my thanks. To those who haven't left an email address please rest assured that your donation is very much appreciated by me and moreover by St Benedict's Hospice and The Children's Foundation.

The latest Run Geordie Run landmark is the number of hits this blog has had since it started in January 2007. This figure burst through the 90,000 mark this morning! This is thanks, mainly, to the coverage I've received on nufc.com recently and the traffic I'm getting as a result of that.

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to catch up with one half of nufc.com (Biffa) in a pub in Plymouth before the match. More importantly, I was able to buy him a long overdue pint and say thanks for all nufc.com have done for the 2 charities so far. I must say that I also found it fascinating to get an inside view on how he and Niall keep nufc.com up to date. I'm sure, like many other regular readers of nufc.com, it always amazes me just how much time, dedication and effort go into keeping it bang up to date. Quite remarkable really.

Taking into account the 90,000 hits and the £39,842 raised since 2007 means that for every 2.25 hits, £1 has been raised (£34,108 for the John O'Groats to Lands End run and £5,734 for USA 2011 so far). Long may it continue!