Tuesday 3 November 2009

Thanks (Part 3)

Continuing the series of thank you's that I started last month, I now turn my attention to some of the kind folk that have bought a Run Geordie Run t-shirt with ALL PROCEEDS going to The Children's Foundation (Charity No. 1000013) and St Benedict's Hospice (Charity No. 1019410).

Not only did they buy a t-shirt but they also sent me a photo of them wearing said item in some far away places. And I don't just mean Bamburgh beach either! Oh no! We've had photos taken in Greece, Austrailia and the one to the right was taken in Dubai.

Pictured are Steve Harrison and his wife Linda on a recent trip to Dubai. This snap was taken in front of the Atlantis hotel located on The Palm Islands. Very nice!

I'm sure she won't mind me broadcasting this to the world but Linda had a "milestone" birthday recently. Steve surprised her with this special trip to the UAE. Blimey! All I got for my 21st was an ill fitting suit!

Anyway, congratulations to Linda and thanks, of course, to Steve for buying a his'n'hers matching Run Geordie Run t-shirt set.

If you would like to look as dapper as Steve and Linda you can get your Run Geordie Run t-shirt by getting in touch with me at rungeordierun@googlemail.com. They cost £10 each, which can be paid via justgiving.com. Thanks to the generousity of Peter McCowie and our friends at customplanet.co.uk (more on them in a later post) the FULL £10 goes to St Benedict's Hospice and The Children's Foundation. Yes folks you read that right! The full £10 goes to the 2 charities!!! Brilliant or what! Nobody other than the 2 charities is making a single penny from the sale of these smashing, high quality, screen printed fashion items! Amazing! Even if I do say so myself!

So please don't delay! Simply drop me a line at rungeordierun@googlemail.com and you will soon be in possession of a Run Geordie Run t-shirt. More importantly, you will have made a valuable contribution to 2 very worthwhile charities.