Tuesday 25 August 2009

A very generous pledge!

A massive thank you is due to Jane Bradbury who pledged £100 to the 2 charities yesterday. Jane, it seems, has running plans of her own and left the following message on justgiving.com "...you'll be giving me inspiration for the runs I'm planning next year ... mere strolls in the park compared to what you're doing!".

I've got 2 things to say to that. Firstly, my running started in 1993 with a "mere stroll in the park". Before you know it Jane, you will be running Marathons and perhaps even more. Please keep me posted!

Secondly, as well as raising funds for The Children's Foundation and St Benedict's Hospice, part of the Run Geordie Run mission is to inspire other people to do amazing things. It made my day when I read the message and echoes the sentiments in a few emails and messages I've received recently.

So that's a huge thank you to Jane and as a result of her generosity the fund is edging ever closer to the next major milestone of £3000. I shudder to think what we will have all raised by the time I reach New York in just under 2 years time.