Friday 20 March 2009

Week 20, Day 5 - 55.7 miles done, 19.3 left!

Yesterday was a bit of a disaster, in that I fell asleep after tea when I was supposed to be doing my 2nd 5 mile run of the day! Oops! Never mind, there's plenty of time to get that missed run in between now and Sunday as I stride towards 75 miles for the week. Incidentally, yesterday's 5 mile run was done on the treadmill in 00:40:41 with the last mile at 00:06:59. That's way too fast but I just can't help myself at the minute. I've spent years running at a 9 - 10 minute mile pace and I now want to put this new found pace to some use!

Anyway, back to today where I've just finished a 17.1 mile run home from Gosforth to Shotley Bridge in 03:07:42. This route is quite hilly once over the Redheugh Bridge. That climb from Team Valley up Lobley Hill to Burnopfield is a killer in places! I should add that I carried 1.5 litres of water in my hydration back back so there was a bit of extra weight. I drank almost all of it and stopped after 11 miles for a lemon drizzle muffin. Nice!

Today's run brings the total mileage for the week to 55.7 leaving just 19.3 miles to do before close of business on Sunday! Tomorrow will be the usual Bootcamp, 12 lots of steps and at least 10 miles! I've got a very good chance of getting the total 75 miles done! Watch this space.