Sunday 21 September 2008

Run Geordie Run!

At last!  I've managed to draw a new logo for the blog.  It wasn't too difficult to do once I had the image of black and white in my mind.  

I'm hoping to use it on many things in the future such this t-shirt (pictured) that I'm in the process of getting a quote or two for.  This is just one of the avenues I'll be pursuing in an attempt to raise as many funds as I can for The Children's Foundation and St Benedict's Hospice.  I can see it now!  Run Geordie Run mugs to have your daily brew out of.  How about a Run Geordie Run his and her's matching thong set!  Or is that taking things just a bit too far?

Speaking of fundraising ideas.  Today, I received the first draft of lyrics from Tim and Alan (aka The Exiles) for the charity song to be used as the soundtrack to the run in 2011.  All I can say at this point is that I was very impressed indeed.  It'll be interesting to hear what the lyrics sound like with music.  Watch this space for further updates on that front.