Monday 18 August 2008

1 year ago today!

Once again it is time to look back on what I was doing this time last year! 

In fact, the Lap of Honour, I was awarded by Newcastle United, still feels like as much as a dream now as it did then!   

It was raining apparently as I ran round the pitch with arm aloft "Shearer style".  I remember having the widest grin imaginable and was ever so pleased to sign 3 autographs along the way (2 of the autograph hunters were planted!).  

The Lap topped off the whole event quite nicely and stamped a big Geordie seal of approval on what was essentially one Geordie running 874 miles down the length of the country backed by 1000's of other Geordies.   There are some super photos of the event taken by BBC Tyne which can be viewed here.  My in depth analysis can be viewed here.

Oh and while I think on, I was featured on a cracking local website today.  Newcastlecentric.com ran a story on the up and coming USA 2011 run.  It can be viewed here.   I've also added a link on the right hand side of this page under media links.  I've made a few appearances on various sites now.  Long may it continue!