Saturday 16 June 2007

Sponsorship landmark!

Thanks to my Aunty Joyce getting some brilliant donations from her friends and family, the sponsorship total has now reached a very impressive £3479. That is 70% of the target.

There are still 1 or 2 avenues to pursue in order to try and get up to the magic £5000 mark. One of which will be the use of a secure collecting tin on the run provided by Anne Oliver at St Benedict's Hospice. An example of it's potential use will be when Batman and Robin (aka myself and Ian Glasgow) stop for a drink at Carter Bar on the day Ian joins me for 10 of 26 miles. Hopefully, any tourists stopping to admire the view of the Borders will dig deep!

I also have one iron in the fire which I can't say too much about at present. But rest assured, as soon as I get any good news I'll post it up here on the website under the heading "Sponsorship target reached". Fingers crossed!