Sunday 24 June 2007

Meet the support crew (Part 1)

With just two weeks to go until I set off from John O'Groats, it's about time that I introduced the crew of folk who will be providing road side support during the 36 day run.

First up, is Keith Riley (Age 50 ish). Keith will be supporting me for 7 days from Dalguise (near Pitlochry) to Castleside (County Durham). That's a total of 171.5 miles.

Pictured to the left in a fine catalogue pose, Keith is one of the most intelligent people I know. Not surprising giving my friends! Needless to say, he's not from the North East! In fact, Keith is based in the North West and supports Burnley FC.

His knowledge of the route and and his ability to tell endless yarns will be invaluable during his time on the support rota.

Not only is Keith a very generous sponsor, he is taking unpaid time off work to support me on the big run. Of course, all of this is very much appreciated. I look forward to your support Keith. Welcome aboard!