Tuesday 27 March 2007

Nearly a PB....If it wasn't for that pesky bad back!

It was a nice change to run a short distance for once; my favourite 6 mile run around Gosforth and the Town Moor. I'm sure I was on for a PB, thanks to a mile or so of sprinting between lamp posts with Ian 'The Coach'. However, a sudden pain in my lower back unfortunately prevented this and I had to slow down considerably for the last mile. Later, the pain was excruciating in the changing rooms and I just about managed to get showered and dressed. Thankfully, the pain eased later in the afternoon.

I think I know exactly how I got this injury. I reckon, the pain was caused by carrying up to 2 litres of water for a total of 51 miles on my long runs home last week. Anyhow, if you happen to see the pictured road sign in or around Shotley Bridge, please slow down for me.